Hair of the dog...

Yesterday's photoshoot was blissful, but as I was driving home I noticed how many different types of dog hair had attached themselves to me and it reminded me of the competition to find the hairiest dog owner in our latest issue.
I have been told that people have been a bit slow in entering and it maybe that I've put a lot of people off by calling it the "hairiest dog owner in Britain" competition as it's not the most glam title is it!
Really there should be no stigma in having a dog that sheds and you could always tick the 'no publicity' box if you're worried that the neighbours might start to talk!
There are some great prizes, so please do start collecting up your hair samples - at this rate a Mexican Hairless could romp home - I'm not joking!

Here's what you have to do:
Put a week's worth of dog fluff or hair in a bag and post it off to Lintbells Ltd, Unit 16 Weston Barns, Weston, SG4 7AX.
And give them your:
Name, Address, Postcode and email address. Plus a daytime phone number so they can tell you you've won!
Tell them the name of your dog, what type it is and it's approximate height at the shoulder and whether it is a naturally short or long coated dog so they can assess the amount of hair you've posted.
And the tie breaker - please say why your dog should win! (Blown up three hoovers, you've started wearing mohair, changed your carpets to match the dog etc etc!)

1st prize - a year's supply of Yumega for one dog - and a photoshoot with a top animal photographer.

(Plus if anyone is really naturally very hairy and proud of it there will be a special prize should you want to send us a photo!)

A bit about the prize:
Yumega is a brilliant supplement that really does sort out so many coat problems - it is a really good source of Omega oils that can be lacking in many diets. For more details about Yumega visit their website.

And the photographer that will be taking your photos will do a lot better than my efforts....! Here's some of my candid shots taken at yesterday's magazine photoshoot. Thank you to everyone who came along - think I missed snapping the gorgeous Curly Coats and our own baby GSD Ferris - too busy cuddling the dogs and talking I reckon.
The food photo reveals the very swish healthy executive lunch we put on! The green box is full of chicken, sausages and bacon we bring to tempt the dogs. But we did have one Bullmastiff turn its nose up at the offerings this time. Apparently he prefers roast lamb! One of the dogs below reminded me a great deal of Russell Crowe. See if you can spot him!


Apologies for the poor camera work - I was only using my phone and sometimes trying to hold onto some very large dogs at the same time!

Comments

Tc27 said…
Someone said my dog, Merlow, looks like Shane Richie once! Quite a bizarre moment I think!
Anonymous said…
Great pictures brought back some wonderful memories.
Anonymous said…
I think my Tyler should be the George Clooney of the dog world, he has the grey hair and handsome looks to qualify ;)

Thanks so much for an enjoyable day Beverley and co. You really made us feel welcome and Tyler very comfortable for his shoot.

Louise
Anonymous said…
Love the Airedale pup. :D
Anonymous said…
Very cute threesome!.. I recognise those bottoms!! :)
Tc27 said…
Come on then. So who is the Russell Crowe look-a-like? :)

Popular Posts