Invent a mnemonic to commemorate Endal


Just got this email in from Mei Lee and I wanted to share it with you as she sets us a great challenge, and those of you that are on Twitter will know I do love word games!
For those who maybe from another Universe who might not be familiar with the Endal story - or for those still unaware of the most famous dog in the world's passing click here.
The Sky documentary is next repeated this evening, Saturday 16th May at 11pm on Sky Real Lives, channel 243. Have the tissues handy. (Wish I had when we were filming it, I had flu as those who decide to watch in HD will unfortunately be very aware of!).
If you want to add to the 98 tributes already recorded on this blog click here.

Dear Beverley,

Words simply cannot describe ENDAL who was just Love on 4 Legs. Allen and Endal proved to the world that there is nothing greater than love.

Extremely
Noble
Divinely
Angelic
Labrador

Allen brought the best out of Endal too, as much as Endal did Allen!

May I suggest an annual award in Endal's memory to either train a "Hound for a Hero" or to honour a "Hound for a Hero"? and maybe a competition to find out the best 5 word phrase for

E.
N.
D.
A.
L.

One other note - what your magazine has done to stop cruel inbreeding of pedigree dogs is amazing. You are more than a doggy magazine - Dogs Today is an advocate for dogs.

I was sorry to miss the Sky broadcast on Endal - would you by any chance know when it might be repeated? Or is there a DVD I could borrow?

Thank you for a wonderful magazine and giving Endal the Millennium Dog honour - paws down, he was the right choice.

Bless you, Mei
I'll start you off... here's my go...

Every
Now and again a
Dog can
Astound us by reminding us what
Love can achieve

or is we stick to a list format, how about

Empathetic
Numenesque
Divine
Adored
Love-on-a-lead

I like the word numen, I think it sums up Endal. He was almost human! For those unfamilar with the word it means...

nu·men

n. pl. nu·mi·na (-mÉ™-nÉ™)
  1. A presiding divinity or spirit of a place.
  2. A spirit believed by animists to inhabit certain natural phenomena or objects.
  3. Creative energy; genius.

Please post your best efforts here...

Comments

Chapstaff said…
Gosh - this is difficult. How about a feeble:

Everyone's best friend,
Never aggressive, he
Doted on Allen
And Sandra, and was
Loved by all.
Anonymous said…
Endearing Noble Devoted Assistant Labrador

Hilsofhove - via Twitter
Anonymous said…
Embracing Nobility Devotion And Love
@caring4dogs via Twitter
Anonymous said…
E.Elitist
N.Noble
D.Devoted
A.Amazing
L.Loving

Definition of Elitism..

Elitism is the belief or attitude that those individuals who are considered members of the elite—a select group of people with outstanding personal abilities, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes—are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight; whose views and/or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities or wisdom render them especially fit to govern.

Louise
Anonymous said…
As I write, I have tears streaming down my face. I have almost finished reading Allen & Sandra's book about their beloved Endal. I did not know that Endal has since passed away. What a wonderful special dog he was and how priviledged people were to have known him. If only people could be more like him what a better world this would be. His story and that of Allen & Sandra affected me deeply. None of us can afford to take anything for granted in this life, and the lessons learned from Endal & his owners will stay with me forever. I shall never forget them. My sincere best wishes and prayers to Allen, Sandra and family for the future. I am sure Endal is looking down at you all from his 'Doggy Heaven', somewhere very close to God.

Best wishes
Jane Ware

Popular Posts